This is oldest door in the oldest part of the church, but on Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am, it opens to our very newest ministry initiative.
We call it Cumberlands Care...because we do. On the first and third Wednesday of each month, between 9:00 and noon, volunteers offer help and hope to whoever is in need. We share a cup of coffee, enjoy some good conversation, and try to figure out what we can do to lend a hand.
Sometimes, that is as simple as a toothbrush, new socks, dish soap, and some laundry detergent. We help with prescriptions, too.
When the help our neighbors need is beyond what we can offer, we work to refer them to an agency that is better-equipped to help with that particular need.
If You Need Help
• Come to the church on Wednesdays between 9 am and noon.
• Bring the information we might need to better understand the help you need.
• Grab a clipboard and fill out the form.
• Enjoy a cup of coffee and fellowship as we figure out how we can best partner with you to make the day a little brighter.
Help We Offer
Our assistance is 100% donation-based. When we have the resources, we help with things like these:
• Prescription assistance (no pain medication)
• Personal care and home cleaning items
• Local bus passes
• Limited help with rent, deposit, and utility needs
We Don't Do...
There are some sorts of help we don't offer--but get asked about regularly. These include:
• Short term motel stays
• Pain medication
• Food and clothing: we keep hats, socks, and a little food on hand, but we aren't a food bank or a clothes closet.
• Cash assistance